Using the Course Site Map
Each time you Login to the Blackboard system, you will see a page that says Welcome, followed by your first name. In a box on the upper right side of this page entitled “My Courses” you will click on the words “Seafood HACCP Online Training Course”. This will take you to the course Site Map shown below. The Site Map is your guide to the Seafood HACCP Internet Training course. The boxes on the Site Map represent each of the twelve Modules in the Course. These Modules correspond to each of the chapters in the Alliance Training manual.
How the Site Map Works - To begin the course, simply move your cursor to the box that says Module 1, and click the left button of your mouse to enter that module. Once you have opened a module, follow the instructions you find there. Proceeding through the module is as easy as clicking on the “Next” button at the top of the page, and then reading the text on the screen. When you have reviewed the information in Module 1, you will come to a series of questions called, Check Your Knowledge. Instructions on how to submit your answers to these questions are provided on the last page of the Module. After submitting your answers, you should click on the words “Site Map” at the top of the list on the left side of your screen to return to the Site Map graphic shown above. You can then continue working on the course by clicking on Module 2 and repeating the same process. You can leave the course by clicking the “Logoff” icon at the top of the page.
Check Your Knowledge Form - The “Check Your Knowledge Form” can be used to write down the answers to the questions at the end of each Module. You can also write down your Username and Password on this form if necessary since you will need them each time you Login to the course. Keep this form with your manual and use it as you proceed through the course. Click here to print out the Check Your Knowledge Form.
Logging Into the Course - Follow these three steps whenever you want to Login to the Seafood HACCP Internet course and work on the course materials:
- Open your Internet browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Safari) and type in the Internet address of the Blackboard course site. You can add this site to your Bookmarks or Favorites so that you don’t have to type in the address each time.
- Click on the Login button on the Blackboard home page, and then type in your Username and Password and click OK.
- Click on the words ““Seafood HACCP Alliance Online Training Course” in “My Courses” to go to the Site Map.
- Click on the box in the Site Map for the Module you want to work on.
- Work through the module as instructed.
- Click on the Logoff icon at the top of the page when you are ready to leave the course.
Please print this page now if you think that you will want to refer to it later.